*Posts are organized with the newest at the top and the oldest at the bottom.*
--------------------------------------------------------------
*If you would like to leave a comment, click on the word "comments" at the bottom of any post. (It is very small).*

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Some good news!

It's late and I should be in bed, but I just have to report some good happenings going on at Cherrelyn Healthcare Center! Joe's doctor, Dr. Wright, called today and has adjusted his medicine to NOT include percocet but more of oxycodon and something else (I forget) in the meantime if he needs it. The percocet was just making him drowsy and doing nothing for his headache. We will see how that goes in the next few days. He has been working as hard as he can on the therapy because he wants to get outa' there! The physical therapist called me today and scheduled a little field trip for Joe in which he gets to come with her to our house and do a "home check" to determine the things he needs to prepare for, and what we need to prepare for, so he can come HOME! YES! I think sometime next week! YAY!!! And Joe must be feeling like his old self because he called me shortly after to make sure I had the house all clean and vacuumed! That's my Joe! We've still got a loooooooonnnnnnnggggggg way to go but I have a feeling his progress will shape up better once he gets home. Maybe he'll get a full night's sleep!

Meanwhile, Brittney and I have had the best food and goodies that we've ever eaten in our whole life! Thank you friends and family! And for the cards and goodies and books on tape and calls and....prayers!!!

3 comments:

kathy said...

Rebecca - I would love to come vacuum for you before Joe comes home! I can vacuum some pretty straight lines. :) I'm so glad things are going in the right direction for him.
Love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Joe and Rebecca,
From the Crew downntown,
Joe hope your feeling better and everything goes good for you to go home. Joe, just figured out how to post a comment. We all have been trying to figure out how to leave you a note, Sorry about that.
Take Care and God Bless You,
We miss ya here downtown.
Give us a holler!
Building Services,
George, Tom, Rick and Todd

Sandie said...

Rebecca and Joe,

What GREAT news! We are sure that your family is looking forward to having Joe home for the Holidays. I don't blame Joe, I (Sandie) sleep aweful in the hospital. hang in there!

We love you so much!

Loren and Sandie