*Posts are organized with the newest at the top and the oldest at the bottom.*
*If you would like to leave a comment, click on the word "comments" at the bottom of any post. (It is very small).*

Sunday, February 1, 2009


I haven't written for awhile, and thought I'd catch up. It has been quite an eventful week or so. My parents came out on Monday the 26th and we've had a whirlwind of a time. Mom and Dad wanted to go to San Diego, and as we sometimes like to meet them down there in our favorite beach city, they invited us. But Joe is in no condition for an airplane ride (much less the ride to the airport, ha) and so they decided to come here instead. True to form, my mom decided she would help out around the house and with Joe while they were here, so she immediately set out to clean our fridge, and even got dad in on it. There were bottles of stuff all over the kitchen counters, things I should have gone through a long long time ago (embarrassing to tell of my lack of throw away ability I know), but now when I open my fridge it is like a brand new attitude on life, it is so clean and shiny and lacking in moldy leftovers! We went to stay at the Embassy Suites in Englewood the first night they got here, using some of Joe's Hilton points, to give Joe something fun to do (he looooovvvves the breakfasts there), and we had a great time going out to eat, sitting in the hot tub, and watching a movie on the pay per view.

Joe has steadily gotten faster with his cane this week, and it is very encouraging. His amitryptaline seems to be starting to work, although he still gets EXTREMELY fatigued and some headaches do crop up unexpectedly. The double vision is still a big concern as it seems to be the same as ever. He seems to be always a little bit "dizzy" but he is trying valiantly to get used to it. And his attitude has greatly improved and we are proud of him!!!

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Everyone needs a little R&R once in awhile.

Glad Joe is doing so well!